Thursday, September 10, 2009

Not quite the whole 9 yards

If you've been reading at newfoundJoye for a while, you'll know that I was looking forward to the animated feature 9. For this reason, I saw it on opening night, 9/9/09 and left feeling very disappointed. First, let me tell you that the animation was spectacular. The detail and sound were so amazing. It seemed like a real place and time. The characters felt real even though they were sock puppets. However, the storyline leaves a lot to be desired. I hate spoiling films for other people, but I will admit that the film was promising but fell short of the mark. The plot was engaging at first. There was some action and some tense moments. Then, by the end of the movie, you realize that several arguments were left without a conclusion. The purpose of the film becomes a point of confusion. Therefore, while the visuals are stunning, the storyline is too dry and unfinished. I leave it up to you to decide whether you will see 9 or not, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Film review grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.