Monday, September 28, 2009

Blown away by the "windy city"

Over this past weekend, I was in Chicago. It was a truly stunning city. Although not as tall as New York, Chicago has a very beautiful skyline. The streets are much larger than ordinary city streets—no running across last minute here, especially with the reckless taxi drivers you'll encounter. I had a great visit even though I unfortunately caught a cold (darn air-conditioning) which hindered me from getting out too far. But, I am able to present you with some nice eye candy for your Monday night! Check it out after the jump!

Images via NewfoundJoye (me!)An homage to crack-the-whip.

Cheezborger, cheezborger no fries. Billy Goat Tavern & Grill at the Navy Pier.

The Ferris Wheel and Carousel at the Navy Pier.

Sculptures at Millennium Park.

The Cloudgate, commonly referred to as "the bean".

View of the city from street level.

Interesting angle.
Opening of the Blackhawks' hockey game (brrr)
God Bless America statue outside of the NBC studios in Chicago. From what I read, it will be there until next October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.