Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday Traffic | 27 May


Today's traffic was worse than ever. Not only the clogged streets, but an equally packed metro. Luckily, even when I'm late to work, I arrive earlier than my company actually opens. On the bright side, it's my Friday. Unlike the rest of the world, I work 4 day weeks. No, I'm not bragging or anything, I am part-time. So, even though traffic sucks, it's "Friday."

Lately, the weather has been unpredictable. It switches from sunny to sweltering to torrential rains at the drop of a hat. That makes it difficult to decide what to carry with you, and what one should wear. I have a few tips that I've picked up over the past couple years. How to be prepared for summer weather:
  • Check the weather: Even though the weather is often wrong, it's better than going at this blind. People in the past predicted the weather based upon the wind, sun and dew on the ground. It's good to understand what you are up against.
  • It's better to be safe than sorry: I know that it's a hassle, but if there is a percentage of rain, bring a light jacket or a mini umbrella. It's a little something for you to carry, but you don't have to worry about being caught without it—like a driver's license.
  • Good hygiene is a must: That summer sun will heat things up and the last thing you want is to be the smelly person. Use soap, wear deodorant, apply a conservative amount of perfume/cologne. Be careful about using sweet smelling products as you will attract insects (especially bees).
If you have some additional ideas, please add them in the comments.

Image via Photo Moto Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.