Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday Traffic | 8 April


Honestly, traffic is a funny thing. Lately, the traffic has moved fairly steadily in the morning, but nighttime has been awful. You can't really escape it no matter what you do. Still, this Thursday is quite beautiful and I don't have much to complain about.

In fact, this particular Thursday is very special to me. In one week, my mother dearest will be flying in to attend a conference—it just happens to be close to where I live. I don't see my mother often due to the six hour time distance between us, but I am thrilled to be able to spend some time with her. Anticipation builds up for more than just special guests. To give you an idea of what I mean, here is a list of things that are usually highly anticipated:
  • Christmas
  • Summer vacation
  • Graduation
  • Retirement
  • Wedding
  • Dates/outings/parties
  • Election results
  • Birthdays (for some)
  • Friday
  • Releases of games, movies, music or other items
For some things that people usually don't look forward to, hit the jump.

Image via allairports.net
Things that people often wish would never come:
  • Tax Day
  • Birthdays (for some)
  • Doctor's/Dentist Appointment
  • Periods (women)
  • Monday
  • Death
  • Presentations/speeches
Do you have any more ideas for either list? Sound off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.