Monday, April 19, 2010

Author Spotlight | Jedediah Berry



I believe I've mentioned before that I am guilty of judging books by their cover. You can say whatever mean things you'd like, but an attractive cover is just as important as the words. Maybe I am biased because I am a graphic designer. However, when I was scanning shelves, The Manual of Detection grabbed my attention. It is the debut mystery novel of Jedediah Berry. His writing is so well-executed, that I often felt that the characters had individual voices and that a narrator took me through the paragraphs. I have not read any of his short stories, but I hope to enjoy those now that I've finished his novel. It is a very entertaining and exciting work with several twists and turns. I recommend reading a few pages to see if it is worth a trip to the bookstore or library.

Photo by Lucy Hamblin; Book grab from Jedediah Berry's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.