Wednesday, August 24, 2011

DIY | Crocheted School Spirit Throw


I came across this pattern on Red Heart last month. It was a nice blanket, and I thought it suited my sister. On a whim, I decided to make it for her. Although they specify the type of yarn you should use, I opted not to use a Fiesta style yarn. Instead, I let my sister choose her own colors. I think that grey and white was an excellent combination. If you are new to crochet, this pattern is definitely for you. You will learn how to hold your yarn properly and it is the same stitch over and over again.

Difficulty: Easy/Beginner
Time: Depends upon experience (took me approximately 48 hours total to complete over the course of 3–4 weeks)
Expense: Moderate ($30+)
Materials: Available in craft stores and online (I bought from Michaels and AC Moore)

Hit the jump for some additional images of the blanket (including a nice closeup).


Look at that fringe!
Look at all of those double crochets! Easy peasy for beginners.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.